We are Aardvark Consulting - a brand
new firm with an extensive experience in development work in Asia
and the Pacific region.
We are social development experts in Asia
- we bring with us decades of professional experience with the United
Nations and international NGOs in various social development fields
in numerous countries in Asia and the Pacific.
- We have worked with a large variety of organizations in Asia
and the Pacific, including United Nations bodies and agencies,
multilateral banks, governmental organizations and NGOs of different
sizes and levels.
- We have worked in a long list of countries in Asia and the Pacific,
including, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Indonesia, Iran,
Kyrgyzstan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar/Burma, Nepal, Philippines,
Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, Thailand and Vanuatu.
- We have managed multi-country projects, involving multi-cultural
teams and organizations. We have been instrumental in securing
multi-million-dollar funding for our employers.
- We have collaborated extensively in innovative partnerships
among development agencies for numerous intiatives.
- We have solid academic backgrounds, together with practical
We believe in:
- Innovative collaborations that create pragmatic solutions
- Meaningful participation of all stakeholders
- Learning organizations, building upon existing knowledge
- Flexible approaches in reaching a goal
- Process as much as the results
- Visionary leadership and a dedicated team
Profiles of our senior consultants
Hiroko Tanaka is a well-experienced
and extremely reliable development specialist of public administration
(specialized in decentralization) and poverty reduction policies
and strategies. Excellent managerial and planning skills,
strong strategic thinking, analytical capacity & problem-solving
skills, as well as an extensive knowledge of countries in
the Asia-Pacific region as well as UN organizations. Substantial
professional experience in managing regional technical cooperation
projects for poverty reduction in the Asia-Pacific, in the
fields of institutional capacity development, education, training
and health. Strong academic qualifications, including PhD
in Development Policy and Management (Manchester University,
UK) and MA in Urban Studies and Planning (MIT, USA).
Gerard de Kort is an extremely
versatile and energetic Consultant, based in Indonesia, capable
to take on various types of assignments including research,
evaluation, project development and management, capacity building,
fundraising, and conference organising. Many years of experience
in numerous Asian countries, largely in the field of HIV and
AIDS and drug use with a focus on young people. Holder of
two MAs; Youth Sociology (1985) and Assessment and Evaluation
(2004), as well as a BA in Education (1983).